Monday, January 17, 2011

Wintertime Dress

I have an obsession with dresses. They're basically all I wear in Summer. Even in Winter, when I know I cannot wear a cute little floral number, I struggle not to purchase dresses. They're just so darn flattering and breezy and elegant and classy! However, my prayers have been answered, as I found the perfect dress for winter.
 This dress I purchased from Nordstrom and then was whisked away by my mom to wrap and place under the Christmas tree. I've been waiting for weeks for the right moment to wear it and the brunch I went to this morning with my friends and Young Life leaders was just the occasion.
 For jewelry I wore my brand new Juicy ring, a floral piece that I got on sale for half off over the weekend.
  I wore a black Nordstrom belt around the waist to accentuate mine and break up the dress so it wasn't one monotonous color the entire time. I prefered leaving my hair down straight partially because I like the length adn also to give it a more cozy laid back feel.
 
Wore with tights, from Nordstrom (also featured here) to add a modern touch and my Giani Bini booties ( I could always use the height since I hardly make 5'2").
I love the oversized sleeves that have a narrow cuff, and are oh-so-cozy. The cowel neck also adds an interesting detail and the color goes with everything. To top it off it's super cozy and will be getting plenty of wear this season.
Hope your week is filled with laughter, joy and style!
-Leah
p.s. officially over 1000 views! yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment