Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dripping with Lace



This design was inspired by a cardigan I own (and plan on posting Thursday) with some lace on the shoulders. I took that small detail and exaggerated it into a dress. The color didn't scan very well, but it's an off white, almost beige-y color. The skirt alternates between two different lace styles and a layer of thin silk. The sleeves are 8 layers of lace alternating between the two patterns, and aren't as structured as in the drawing. They're more like waterfalls and cascade down your arm. For styling I would probably put this on like Carrie Underwood at the CMA's with a swarovski crystal belt around the waist and an updo with a headband and some cute wedges or tan booties. When I post the cardigan you can get a better feel for the color!
Happy Sunday! I hope you aren't procrastinating on Monday necessities like I am.
-Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment