Sunday, January 30, 2011

Spring Collections 2011

I am itching for the spring to come (though really, spring in colorado is only for bits and pieces of May with intermittent snow storms) and Friday was a nasty tease of a seventy degree day that I was too sick to properly enjoy. I want to wear dresses and skirts and short sleeves so terribly and so to curb my interest I took a look at a few designer's spring collections for 2011. Here are some of my favorites:
Alexander Wang
 

 Love the white, the cutouts (like the shoulder one in the first picture), the sheer piece of the neckline on the third pictuer and the movement and flow the garments posess.
Anna Sui
 I like the attention to detail and the country-ethereal feel. Again lots of movement and the color scheme is more neutral. It's also very sheer but with almost a quaint theme.
Badgley Mischka
 

These gowns continue the movement theme especially the second one, and they're simplistic with strong shoulders and necklines. The first one also has the shoulder cutouts that have been very common.
Betsey Johnson
 I'm very into fifties dresses that look fit for tea parties, so basically I adore this. It's so wonderfully girly.
Julia Clancey
 I love the strong puffy shoulder on the one sleeve and it again utilizes neutral colors and interesting details.
L.A.M.B.

 
These gowns use more colors, but have pleats that are showing up a lot in skirts. The first dress is again ethereal and flowy. I would personally wear it with a belt if I were of the correct height and budget to wear it.
Versace
Again, clean white colors, little details, strong shoulder. Love the skirt of dress 2 with all the strands of fabric hanging down. I also love the shoes (you can kind of see them on the first dress).
 


No comments:

Post a Comment