Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Classy and Cute

The Saturday before Halloween was packed for me. I was out and about from 3 pm- 12 am. Though hectic, the day was wonderful and very much fun. Before the Halloween party I attended I had a charity function I was volunteering at for Young Life until about 9 pm. It was their annual fundraising banquet and the theme this year was masquerade. All the kids and leaders helping out had to wear formal (though many middle schoolers seemed to misunderstand this word) black and white outfits. Now, lucky for me, my mom had just so happened to recently give me a nice black skirt that was too small for her. It was a tad bit big for me, as was the white blouse I borrowed from her (safety pins once again came in handy, and man do they work wonders) which I accompanied with my black sequin bow head band (from Nordstrom), black pumps (also featured in homecoming post and from DSW), the custom cross necklace my parents got me for confirmation (from Helzberg Diamonds) and of course the red leather Brighton charm bracelet my leader Kara gave me that I wear every day. All this with some basic makeup and a smile made for a classy look and fantastic night!

Note: Pictures taken at a later date since I was running late on the atual day. (Just so y'all know, my hair looked a lot better on the actual day haha)



I LOVE these shoes, however they did get a little uncomfortable after over an hour of curtseying on stone steps to incoming guests...

No comments:

Post a Comment