Saturday, May 7, 2011

Southern Belles

As mentioned before I went on a trip to Georgia a couple months ago to tour UGA and adored it. I also did  a little boutique shopping and found the most adorable dress but have only recently been able to wear it due to frigid and less than Georgian temperatures. My best friend Alie also recently toured a southern school- University of Tennessee and also did some boutique shopping. Coincidently we both pulled out our southern boutique dresses on the same day and quickly decided it was indication of our future occupation as southern belles.

 Dress from Bliss {the boutique} in Knoxville, shoes from BP Nordstrom and cardigan Nordstrom. (She and I shop there a lot together.) The dress has such a beautiful blue color (perf for blondes) and the bottom is exquisite with ruffles that form roses peeking out from the hem. I loved it paired with the pale pink cardigan to create a contrast very remniscent of spring and of course, bows are the best on shoes.


 I feel awful but I do not recall the name of the boutique from which I bought this wonderful little number. It's light and airy and super feminine as its composed of a light silky slip and a thick lace crochet pattern. The ruffles are wonderful and the belt pulled it all together so my little frame didn't get lost in the fabric. I wore a Nordstrom belt and my Franco Sarto sandals.




We love the south and we love our dresses. We also love being done with the APUSH hooray! Alie has absolutely fabulous style so you can expect to see her again. Hope everyone's having a fabulous Saturday!
xoxo
Leah

8 comments:

  1. These are such beautiful dresses! You both look lovely.

    x
    Michelle
    www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you have so beautiful hair! I always wanted to be a blonde :( You're so lucky!

    I adore your style and I'm your new follower - and I wonder if we could follow each other..:*

    chocarome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I think cutiepie I think you.

    EAK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sets:) And I love your curly hair:)

    Come and visit my blog:)
    http://nikitasfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with those bow sandals!

    xx Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  6. AGREED! Bows ARE best on shoes...and dresses haha

    I seriously love the lace dress with the matching brown belt and shoes! The whole look is so Spring-y and girly, which I love!

    thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! following you now!

    xoxo G
    http://hautecouture3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are adorable! Thanks for your comment on my blog!

    http://inherentstylela.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete