Friday, March 16, 2012

Five Trends

I have missed blogging more than I thought I ever would and so to kick off my third attempt to really get back into this, I'll start with five trends I'm crushing on.
1. Statement Coats
I'm obsessed with bright bold accent pieces, such as this anthropologie orange trench coat. Perfect to finish off these last few months of cold in Colorado.
anthropologie.com
 2. High Waisted Shorts
I loved high waisted shorts last summer season (shown here and here) as well but I'm especially excited to see them coming back with a bang this year. They're so retro and so flattering!
chictopia.com
 3. Leather everything!
This is an example from one of my favorite blogs Cupcakesandcashmere.com of a leather shirt, but leather has been coming back from dresses to shorts (my friend just got a pair from Free People--so cute.)
cupcakesandcashmere.com
 4. Transparent with Modesty
I love the trend of having transparent shirts and slits, but especially love this example of it being done with a touch of modesty rather than letting everyone see your bra covered by a mesh shirt.
lightinthebox.com
 5. Polka Dots
Polka dots are back everywhere, especially with skirts and dresses. They're fun and a hint vintage and the perfect pattern for summer. (swimsuits anybody?)
thedaybookblog.com
Overall I'm excited about the upcoming trends this season and excited to get back into blogging! I'll be doing my best to post regularly and show y'all what I've been up to. For example tomorrow I'm going to the Miranda Lambert concert and could not be more excited to pull out my cowboy boots!
May the Prada be with you
Leah

1 comment:

  1. I love the transparent with modesty trend !
    cute blog btw :)

    xx,
    Iqra

    masaladiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete